Many years of experience working on the project of adoptions have shown that due to accidents at school and common disease children have to often interrupt their studies. Health care costs are high in Kenya; families do not have the resources to visit a doctor, so children don´t get quality healthcare and treatment.
We therefore launched in 2009 a project with health insurance, from which children are reimbursed for treatment and health care. The project also provides information on the most frequently occurring diseases and their prevention. The amount of annual insurance is not too high when compared to e.g. the costs of sending the package to Kenya, and it is the best gift you can give a child!
Insure the child is always possible for the period from June to May by sending a sum of CZK 1 500 (EUR 60) to our account till 15th May. As a variable symbol use the number 6 + number of "your" child, under which it is kept in a database of "adopted children" (e.g. 641023). Adoptive parents are always informed about the possibility to insure "their" child by email on time.
As with all types of insurance the amount is after the expiration of the period of the insurance non-refundable, even if the insured child was not sick during the year and did not use insurance benefits.
Insurance provides to children:
1) Complete preventive medical examination, including blood tests for HIV (assuming that tests with the family will agree);
2) Monitoring of HIV-positive patient, medication and all necessary information;
3) Information on the prevention of common diseases;
4) Reimbursement of costs of treatment and medication in case of hospitalization, i.e. medical care for serious conditions requiring hospitalization, including injuries and accidents (up to the amount of KSh 200,000 per year);
5) Reimbursement of costs of treatment and medication in case of ambulant medical treatment (up to the amount of KSh 8,000 per year).
Preventive examinations take care continuously in healthcare facilities nearby a residence of children and all insured children are completed by the end of summer. The final medical report will get "adoptive parents" together with materials for the second school term.